2 February 2018 update
I have not been keeping apace of recent publications — but you can visit Creative Colloquy‘s site to find my poem “And Then Amethyst, Emerald” — I was a featured reader at the Creative Colloquy January reading and I can highly recommend this Tacoma venue. (You don’t have to travel to Ireland in order to read in pubs.)
Also I recently learned that my poem “Her Heart a Running Horse” has been nominated for the Pushcart Prize by Cheat River Review. Both of these poems have been kicking around my send-out pile for a long time. Which just goes to show you…
I’m happy to share this review of SPARROW from Five Willows Literary Review and Jerry Austin:
A review of my poetry book at the marvelous EIL…Thank you, Kathleen Kirk:
You can find my work in the following journals or on their websites:
- Thanks to Kathleen Kirk, several of my poems are now published (with art!) at Escape Into Life: http://www.escapeintolife.com/poetry/bethany-reid/
- Four poems at the lively Superstition Review: http://superstitionreview.asu.edu/n6/bio.php?author=bethanyreid&bio=poetry
- At Hip Pocket Press and Canary: http://hippocketpress.org/canary/archive_by_author.php?id=96, my poem “Sparrow,” which earlier appeared in The Sun. Interesting work for my future biographer to see how the last line of the poem has changed between editions (finally reaching its best in the book).
- “The Conservation of Memory,” on the superb VCU site, Blackbird: http://www.blackbird.vcu.edu/v9n1/poetry/reid_b/index.shtml
- The new issue of CALYX: A JOURNAL OF ART AND LITERATURE BY WOMEN is now out, featuring my poem, “The Apple Orchard,” winner of the 2011 Lois Cranston Memorial Poetry Prize
- To see the announcement for Sparrow, winner of the 2012 Kenneth and Geraldine Gell Poetry Prize, visit http://www.wab.org/gellprize.shtml
- My poem “I Could Love You That Way” appeared on EIL on Domestic Labor Day. You can find it by following this link: Escape into Life.